So it’s that time of year again … scary to think it’s 12 months since the team last year and even scarier to think that I’m co-leading the team this time around! We seem relatively well prepared and I get the feeling from the team that it’s going to be a good one and the whole Woodvale area is buzzing already in expectation of the return of Woodvale’s Got Talent!
I’ve jotted down our prayer points for the week below and as a team we would really appreciate your prayers over what is going to be a very busy, hectic, tiring, energy sapping but amazing God-filled week … you can also download a copy to print out <>.
Woodvale 2010 Team Prayer Points
* Our vision is to see dignity restored to people and to the Woodvale community through serving them in a Jesus-like way – pray that this would happen.
*Our newly birthed church youth group Squat will be serving alongside the team – this is an exciting new development – please pray that these young people would really encounter God through this and have their lives transformed. A small number of them are Christians but they have massive struggles – please pray for breakthrough with these issues – and that those who aren’t yet Christians will want to say Yes to Jesus.
* Pray for our kids and teens work – that young people would see God as real, powerful and exciting – and that life with Him is incomparably better than the alternatives offered to them as they hang out on the streets. Pray that many would want to come into a relationship with Him.
* Pray for our Woodvale’s Got Talent community event – people in Woodvale have been asking all year if we were going to repeat this after last year’s success. Please pray that this is a powerful experience for those who take part and those who come into the church to watch – that the community would be drawn together and see the church as somewhere open to them. Also pray that those who take part will feel so validated by being applauded and celebrated – and that they would experience Jesus through this.
* Pray for the team – that we would be united in vision and in Jesus’ Love. Pray for Jude and myself as we lead – for wisdom, passion and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
* Pray for the Church – that people would be inspired to get more and more involved in serving the people of Woodvale. Pray that the Church will become a central hub in the community.