So I’m still recovering from what was almost certainly the best week of any summer team … ever! I know that’s a pretty sweeping statement but this was the year that the breakthrough was made by God in Woodvale and He really worked miracles constantly throughout the week. This church and community has been building towards this for several years now and finally great things happened.
Co-leading the team was made so much easier by the fantastic group of people that we had on board … you all pulled your weight and did things when you were told … you even did things when you weren’t told and so I really thank you guys for that! I think the following verses sum up the way the week went pretty well (thanks to Lisa!)
When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed.
Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, “The LORD has done great things for them.”
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.
– Psalm 126 v 1-3 –
Some banterous highlights (which will mostly only make sense to fellow team members) of my week included …
- The life & death of the Pink Poodle
- The Benny Hill Challenge
- Pingu’s Day of Fun with Ryan & Steve
- Gillian’s seemingly bottomless wardrobe
- “Pony, Pony, Pony” … at almost every mealtime
- The Sunday morning balaclava-wearing raid on the girls room
- Peter’s facial expression upon being woken up by seven balaclava wearing men
- Almost being trapped in a muddy field with Pony & Susie by four small boys and their dog
- Robert’s hickey attacks on Lisa & Andy
- The longest lunch table in PCI history* (*not official)
- Frank Mitchell introducing “Peter and his Pony”
- Reuben trying to squeeze through the window just to hear Farmer & DVC
- Matty B’s EPIC stories (with tuna endings)
- Lisa’s garden chair / sun lounger for a bed!
- Susie & Jude’s “shuffle hugs”
- Peter almost always having a cup of tea in his hand every time you looked at him
- The blue milk saga
- Pony Mercury’s audition
- O’ Chruch Arise and put your armour on …
- “Andy …… Andy!” “What?” “Just checkin'”
- Jude constantly losing her phone
- Being told by a little P1 girl that I looked like a fox
- Zebra or elephant?
- Susie’s moth impression